IT Support Intern – Level 0
The IT Support Intern – Level 0 provides technical assistance to Tech Rage IT team and computer users at a basic network level. The IT Support Intern Level 0 may also answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients over the phone or electronically. This position will provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems
- Complete all assigned training courses, reading materials or e-courses as required.
- Ensure new support tickets are triaged per internal SLA.
- Create, review and follow technical documentation.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support.
- Attend team meetings, scheduled and unscheduled.
- Enter end-of-day time entry and submit time sheets regularly and accurately.
- Capture time and events during IT incidents and changes – up to 80% of time worked is to be
billable to clients.
- Other duties as assigned; nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign
or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
- This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but
constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites
- Able to effectively use computing devices and peripherals including PCs, laptops, Mobile
Devices, and Printers
- Familiar with software installation and Microsoft Windows workstations updates
- Familiar with network topologies and technologies
- Basic understanding of computer security measures and authentication methods
- Conceptual understanding of different data center technologies such as: servers, switches,
routers, storage, and Microsoft Active Directory Service
- Uphold interpersonal skills: telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication, active listening and customer-care.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to changes and ability to multi-task and take directions.
- Ability and eagerness to learn from Leadership and Senior Technicians.
- Vigorous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Exceed customer service perception and satisfaction.
- Consistent attendance and timeliness.
- Senior students are preferred.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student or required to complete an internship before graduation.
- Declared major in Computing and Information Sciences or Information Technologies.
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA; an official transcript may be required upon request.
- In-office attendance in Winter Springs, FL.
- Reliable form of transportation.
- Subject to a criminal, employment and motor vehicle background check.
- Available up to 20 hours each week with a firm schedule during the entire program.
- 15 weeks – Spring/Fall
- 12 weeks - Summer
- Wear company provided shirts during shift.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position sitting most of the time. 95% Walking and
standing are required only occasionally. 5 %
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file
cabinets, office machinery, office supplies etc.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy
machine, computer printer and a calculator.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing
and analyzing data and figures in reports; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The person in this
position frequently communicates to other workers orally and in writing.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers in
order to operate a computer or other office equipment.
Last updated on 06-01-2021