IT Support Intern - Summer 2021
Compensation: $10.00 /hour
We Prevent Tech Rage!
Are you a soon-to-be graduate student looking to kick-start your career in IT? Tech Rage IT is seeking sharp individuals with a customer-centric approach and fantastic technical abilities to join our intern program. This is a 12-week program for students pursuing a degree in Information Technology or a related field.
IT Support Interns work closely with the entire IT team to provide support to our clients when need they need it the most. This internship provides hands-on experience working on a busy help desk, the ability to learn basic skills, and the opportunity to work directly on client support issues.
Sounds all the rage? Read on…
At Tech Rage IT, our Core Values reflect who we are and what we represent. And, as a team, we:
- Get it done.
- Create raving fans.
- Own it & are always communicating.
- Develop our people & processes.
- Trust ourselves & each other.
- Have humility & ask for help.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- Named a Top Central Florida Technology Company.
- Recognized as a Seminole Business Awards Nominee.
- Work in a positive, growing environment that promotes mentoring and career growth.
- Complete all assigned training courses, reading materials or e-courses as required.
- Ensure new support tickets are triaged per internal SLA.
- Create, review and follow technical documentation.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support.
- Attend all team meetings.
- Enter end-of-day time entry and submit time sheets regularly and accurately.
- Capture time and events during IT incidents and changes -- 80% of time worked is to be billable to clients.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Information Technologies or related field in an accredited institution with a current class standing of Senior.
- Uphold interpersonal skills: telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication, active listening and customer-care.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable to changes and ability to multi-task and take directions.
- Ability and eagerness to learn from Leadership and Senior Technicians.
- Vigorous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Exceed customer service perception and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of support tools, techniques, and technology used to provide services.
- Experience with Windows desktop operating systems.
- Familiar with operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity.
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network.
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Reliable form of transportation.
- Consistent attendance and timeliness.
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred; an official transcript may be required upon request.
- Available up to 20 hours each week, between 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. A firm schedule is required.
- Subject to a criminal, employment, credit and motor vehicle background checks.
- Wear company provided uniform during shift.
Submit YOUR RESUME!