IT Support Technician – Level 1
COMPENSATION: $15 - $18
The IT Support Technician – Level 1 provides technical assistance to Tech Rage IT clients and computer users at a basic network level. The IT Support Technician Level 1 also answers questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, over the phone or electronically. This position will provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Provide Level 1 IT Support
- Provide support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s business applications and
- Offer basic technical assistance at a network level.
- Provide advice and guidance as a Tech Rage IT subject matter expert to ensure successful
ongoing usage and adoption of Tech Rage IT.
- Monitor for system alerts and notifications; respond accordingly through service tickets;
diagnose technical issues.
- Check weekly reports including daily backup logs, and anti-virus reports.
- Apply fundamental troubleshooting skills to issues before escalating to the appropriate group.
- Create, review and follow technical documentation.
- Communicate with clients as required: update them of incident progress, notify them of
impending changes, alert them to third-party outages, etc.
- Maintains 98% client satisfaction rating.
- Enter end-of-day time entry and submit time sheets regularly and accurately.
- Complete all assigned training courses, reading materials or e-courses as required.
- Punctuality for all meetings and conference calls as well as on-site visits.
- Capture time and events during IT incidents and changes -- 80% of time worked is to be
billable to clients.
- Ensure new support tickets are triaged per internal SLA.
- Maintain and pursue IT training competencies and certifications per Company’s established
training schedule and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned; nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime;
- This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but
constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites
- Able to effectively use computing devices and peripherals including PCs, laptops, Mobile
Devices, and Printers
- Familiar with software installation and Microsoft Windows workstations updates
- Familiar with network topologies and technologies
- Basic understanding of computer security measures and authentication methods
- Conceptual understanding of different data center technologies such as: servers, switches,
routers, storage, and Microsoft Active Directory Service
- Accurate typing skills to ensure quick, yet precise service request details.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to changes and ability to multi-task and take directions.
- Ability and eagerness to learn from Leadership and IT Professionals.
- Vigorous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Exceed customer service perception and satisfaction.
- Consistent attendance and timeliness.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- In-office attendance in Winter Springs, FL.
- Local travel up to 10%.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation.
- Subject to a criminal, employment and motor vehicle background check.
- Participation in on-call rotation requiring 24x7 availability, flexibility to work overtime including
nights, weekends and holidays as needed after 90 days of continuous employment.
- Wear company provided shirt during shift.
- IT certifications: (must be obtained within 90 days of employment.)
- Microsoft 365 Messaging
- CompTIA A+
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position sitting most of the time. 95% Walking and
standing are required only occasionally. 5 %
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file
cabinets, office machinery, office supplies etc.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy
machine, computer printer and a calculator.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing
and analyzing data and figures in reports; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The person in this
position frequently communicates to other workers orally and in writing.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers in
order to operate a computer or other office equipment.
- Physical demands. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Last updated on 06/14/2021